Friday 22 January 2016

Discussing Anxiety

Anxiety is hard to deal with. My inspiration for this post came from some articles I've read this morning and it really had me thinking; I could totally relate. If you have any type of anxiety or feel like you want to know about it then carry on reading.

Anxiety can affect people in different ways and some people deal with it differently to others. Some people can hide it but then others just can't control upon their body which often triggers panic attacks or breakdowns. When you're in a situation when Anxiety strikes, you feel uncomfortable, anxious and almost trapped by everything in the room. People seem to become more judgemental and your body feels so much pressure, you start asking yourself 'Where's the toilet?' 'How can I escape?' 'Am I ok?' all these questions are as loud as sirens in your head! It's not hard for people who love you to help you, they want to help you more than anything but to you, that's the last thing that's going to take this all away.

These are some of the things I could relate to 100% when reading this personal article:

"Sometimes, I shut down and don’t know what to say because socializing is hard. My mind goes blank because it’s all too much."

"I have an anxiety disorder, and it scares me away. It scares me away from so many things."

"It’s not a big deal, they say, and that’s what I try to remind myself, too — over and over again, every day. I know none of it should be a big deal, but my anxiety tells me a different story, and anxiety is very loud."

"Dishes make me anxious; every time I’ve lived with friends, dirty dishes have always been an issue. Twenty-somethings don’t like to do dishes, but my anxiety convinces me the dirty dishes will infect and kill me."

"Interviews usually make me anxious. If my anxiety is distracted on interview day, then I’m awesome, engaging and conversational. I know what to say because I’m not over-thinking it."

"When you date someone, he or she becomes part of you, and since my anxiety is a part of me, it becomes part of him or her, too. My constant need for attention is not easy. My panic attacks are not fun: I ask a lot of questions; I cry; I freak out."

"Existing in general makes me anxious. I ask a million questions because I’m convinced if I don’t, I might misunderstand something and do it incorrectly. Everything new I am asked or expected to do is an anxiety."

"With something simple, like making copies, I think, “What if I can’t figure out how to work the copier or it’s out of paper or it breaks or it explodes?” Bake a cake, do taxes, learn to drive, figure out what to do with my life — existing is one of the most anxiety-producing things around."

So many people can relate as much as I did when I first read this and if you're one of those people, you're not different, you are capable of doing what you love, what you strive to achieve. More people and employers should be made aware of this because I feel like it's so life changing that people almost feel like there is no way out.

But let's think positively here! This article taught me that others know exactly what it's like down to the last detail, it gives you that small vision of brighter light. Not everything in life you fear, well as the article explains we 'appreciate the little things' and appreciating something means relief, it means it's not all negativity and darkness so come one, we can do this! 'Anxious people will never hurt you' this is one I loved, this doesn't mean 'pushover' this means that we know the feeling of pain, we don't want anyone to have to suffer because of a certain action or word.

Let's finish with this:

"People with anxiety are intuitive and great at listening. They also love fiercely; they love jobs, friends, significant others and, most importantly, life. People with anxiety know how hard everything is and do not take any of it for granted."

I hope a lot of you can relate to this post and understand that talking about it creates awareness. Let me know if you would like to see more posts similar to this.

HAPPY FRIDAY!







No comments:

Post a Comment