Monday 7 December 2015

Festive Playlist: Get your Rock On

'Deck the halls with boughs of Holly,
Fa la la la la la la la la'

I thought I would talk about the songs I would play on a regular basis once December 1st has arrived. I mean, no one can complain when the countdown begins. Although you have your classics from back in the day and your modern tunes from today, Christmas music is a genre that raises a smile as a few legs on the dance floor at the Christmas party. From Band Aid to Justin Bieber I am going to be counting down my top 10 festive songs that never go a miss during the festive period.



10. Frosty the Snowman - Jackson 5 
9. Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens
8. Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande
7. Winter Wonderland - Elvis Presley
6. Do they know it's Christmas Time - Band Aid
5. Last Christmas - Wham
4. I wish it could be Christmas every day - Wizzard
3. Mistletoe - Justin Bieber
2. Driving home for Christmas - Chris Rea

AND FINALLY, MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE

1. Fairytale of New York - The Pogues 

There is a reason behind my top 2 favourite Christmas songs and I am about to let you in on that. When I was in secondary school, it was always a Christmas tradition to have a Christmas performance by the teachers and 'Fairytale of New York' was the famous song that everyone would sing along with and the loud atmosphere just got everyone so hyped before we broke off for the Christmas holidays. To this day, they still keep up this tradition. The reason behind the 'Driving home for Christmas' song is part of a family tradition we loved to fulfil. At the Royal Theatre in town, every year there would be a Christmas Pantomime which would be absolutley amazing and it would be a beautiful experience, this song always plays before the start of the show and it creates a really warming feeling. 

If the Christmas music channel on TV isn't the first channel you put on, on Christmas Day, then you my friend are crazyy! 

Do you have any Christmas traditions? What are your favourite festive songs? 
Let me know via the comments below.

LoveJade
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment