Monday 7 December 2015

Deck the Halls with my Decor Ideas

I AM BACK!

The Christmas decorations are up and they are more sparkly then ever. I think every supermarket stocks Christmas decorations obviously and they can be really beautiful so you lazy bah humbugs out there, no excuses I'm afraid. 

My favourite themes for Christmas decor are:
- Red and Gold
- Metallics 
- Purple and Silver 
Or
- Pink and Silver

I am going to start with Winter Furnishings online at the moment that can really touch up a room in your house without going all out and raising the credit card bill!

http://direct.asda.com/george
Although some people prefer to keep it low key for Christmas and stick to a specific theme, others go for the more wild side of decorating; they bring out the festivity in a whole range of colourful lights, baubles and all sorts...not my cup of tea if I must add. 


This brings me swiftly onto my decorations! I wouldn't say I was one to go all out but we don't keep things low key, a bit of both if you like. This years theme is gold and red, unlike other years I have taken the decor to my bedroom because it adds that extra festive vibe and also make appropriate photography backgrounds. 


Adding personal decorations to your annual traditions can create childhood memories on the big day itself. Most retailers to this day offer a range of named baubles, ornaments or memorabilia that can carry the memories year by year.
  
  
Bringing Christmas to the bedroom can lighten the mood and offer some great scenery when taking blog pictures or Instagram posts. I simply brought this red leaved plant from Tesco for £2.50 and the heart shaped, battery operated lights from Primark for £6.00 and placed them on a well lit surface under the window. Now all that's left to add to the scene is SNOW! The chances are very small but I guess one can only hope.


So that's the end of this post, I hope this inspired you to bring out your festive side and I would love to know what your decor traditions are.

LoveJade
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment