Friday 6 May 2016

Urban Decay 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Palette

I cannot tell you how excited I am to be writing this post and seeing as it's Friday, I thought it would be the perfect time to do it.

I'd be very surprised if you didn't know but just in case you don't, Urban Decay have released their Limited Edition 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' range in collaboration with Disney. The range consists of an eyeshadow palette and 5 lipsticks. Yesterday I purchased the eyeshadow palette so I thought I would share with you my first impressions and some cute lil swatches seeing as I have so much to say about it.


Before I say anything, look at that beautiful packaging. I have to say that Urban Decay have pulled it right out of the bag with this one and the packaging they have designed for this special Disney edition. In comparison to the 'Naked: On the Run' palette it is a very decent size; slightly less practical for the professional side of things but I am certain that I am not the only one who has completely fallen in love with it never the less.



As we open this bundle of beauty, we are greeted with this adorable quote, related to the film 'I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from yours'. There is also a mirror saying 'We're all mad here' which I believe is fricken cute to say the least. Although I don't see myself using this mirror often, it is a beautiful touch to the Alice theme.



'I knew who I was when I got up this morning, but I must have changed several times since then.'



Ok...let's just take a minute for my favourite part (except the actual shadows of course) How beautiful is this feature!? Instead of just a regular palette they have paid attention to detail and gone all out with Disney in mind, I absolutely adore this delicate butterfly and the stunning colour choices.


As we explore further into the palette, the excitement continues. I AM OBSESSED!

Seeing as the packaging was a huge hit, standards were high for the shadows themselves. At first glance the shadow holders almost look holographic and 3D but it is all totally flat; clearly this really doesn't make a difference because I am head over hills for this palette...it's just too pretty.


Round of applause to whoever created these names, let's just take a look (from left to right):

- Looking Glass
- Hatter
- Lily
- Heads Will Roll
- Time
- Reflection
- Gone Mad
- Duchess
- Bandersnatch
- Dream On
- Dormouse
-Paradox
- Kingdom
- Salazen Grum
- Chronosphere
- Metamorphosis 
- Cake
- Chessboard
- Royal Flush
- Mad



Like almost every Urban Decay palette there is a brush; one side for blending and the other for the lid most often then not. Ready for swatches?

Look Glass, Hatter, Lily, Heads Will Roll & Time


Reflection, Gone Mad, Duchess, Bandersnatch & Dream On


Dormouse, Paradox, Kingdom, Salazen Grum & Chronosphere


Metamorphosis, Cake, Chessboard, Royal Flush & Mad


All the swatches I did of the palette were first touch only, so there was no layering or pressure involved. As you can more or less tell there are a mixture of matte, satin and shimmery shades which is perfect for creating an eye look with the handiness of just one palette. The pigmentation is amazing as expected from Urban Decay and I can definitely say that this is well worth the money (£43).


So there you have it, the 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' palette everyone has been ranting and raving about. Word of advice, get hold of this ASAP because stockers are selling out fast and being a limited edition palette, you really don't want to miss your chance.

What do you think of Urban Decays new range?

No comments:

Post a Comment