Monday 2 May 2016

Applying Make-Up During Labour?

Good Afternoon fellow blogettes...

Over the past couple of days I have been reading more magazines both online and offline, feeling really inspired by the beauty articles...of course. I feel like one of the best places to find and gather inspiration for anything is by reading a bunch of magazines and bookmarking things that you instantly think 'yes, this has inspired me to...'

So, for todays post I decided that I wanted to talk about something that had the internet talking for a while because of how extrodianary it may have come across to a large majority of people!

"Beauty Blogger Applies A Full Face Of Make-Up In The Middle Of Giving Birth"

 
Although I discovered this a good couple of months ago, I came across it again feeling so inspired by it. Ok, the reaction from most people was negative but I couldn't understand why some readers would feel so negativley about someone using their hobby/profession as a distraction? Is it just me? For those of you who haven't heard anything about this and therefore sat wondering what the hell I am rambling on about then lets take it back to basics.

Once Upon A Time...just kidding! A 27 year old professional make-up artist shared on social media, images of her applying a full face of make-up during labour, from lashes to contour. Pictures were captured of her laying in a hospital bed with brushes, products and palettes arranged in front of her. She explained on instagram how she had taken some of her favourite products with her in her hospital bag to then look absolutley fabulous when welcoming her 'princess' into the world.


It has caused so much uproar over social media purely because it's not something people often choose to do, I mean there are always other ways of taking your mind off the pain such as reading, listening to music etc. But isn't it just totally your choice?


Of course there are always going to be people who see this in a negative way but that's maybe because they wouldn't do that themselves and think of it as an odd thing to do. As a make-up lover myself, I honestly think it's a genius idea...gold star to you girl for being original and doing what you love in time of pain. She said "I was pausing during contractions and picking up where I left off once the contractions paused." Make-up is a big part of her everyday life so who are we to judge what she chooses to do?

I felt like this was something I have been wanting to talk about on my blog for a while because I wanted to know what you guys think about it, even if it's something you wouldn't do, would you still express your negative opinion about it towards her?

I hope you have an amazing long weekend and as always, leave your comments and thoughts below.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment