Thursday 28 January 2016

All day, Everyday Make-Up Must Haves

Back with a beauty post today which is very much overdue. I thought for today I would share with you my every day make-up must haves. This could be referred to as a beginners make-up kit or just simply the essentials to create a fresh faced yet beautiful look.


When I have some errands to run or things to do in and outside the house I like to rely on a trusty awakening look so my face has some even coverage but isn't over done for the day time. If I am really not up to a make-up day or my skin needs a vacation then I'll just apply some brightening concealer under my eyes and curl my lashes, finishing with some lengthening mascara. The products I see myself always reaching for on my dressing table are:

- Body Shop Insta Blur
- Rimmel Wake me Up Concealer (Ivory)
- Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation (Ivory)
- `Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Translucent)
- Rimmel Brow this Way (Medium Brown)
- Collection Contour Kit: Highlight & Sculpt
- Benefit High Beam
- Urban Decay Naked 2
- L'oreal Volume Million Lashes (Black)
- Rimmel Colour Sensational (630, Velvet Beige)

And the main tools for application I would most regularly use are:

- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
- Real Techniques Sculpting Brush
&
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

I absolutely love using these tools because they're within budget, they clean really easily and they create a smooth finishing look. Let's talk about my must haves for creating a fresh day time complexion. I use Body Shop Insta Blur as a smooth primer, I love the feeling of something light weight when I know I am going to be wearing this all day. On top of that I will apply my Rimmel Wake me Up foundation which I fell in love with the minute I started using this range, followed by the Rimmel Wake me Up concealer to cover any blemishes, redness and my under eye area. The name of this range says it all, the radiant, brightening effect of these products are perfect for every day use; I buy the concealer numerous amount of times because I can't fault it. To set the liquid, I use the very well known Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Translucent which is another favourite of mine because it works perfectly.

To go that little bit further and step up a simple look, I like to lightly contour and highlight just to add some shape to my face. The Collection Highlight & Sculpt contour kit is an amazing budget product and is a must have in a beginners kit. I apply a light stroke of the brown shade to my cheek bones (Pulling that weird fishy face) ensuring we are still keeping to the natural side of things. I either use the powder highlighter in the kit or I use Benefits High Beam which is a liquid; it depends on which really works for you.


Now we have the perfect bright base we can add some colour and throw in the main elements to make you look, let's say...more alive! When it comes to day time eye shadow I like to keep it neutral with a mixture of slightly warmer tones. The Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay is perfect for creating a subtle yet effective look for your day to day jobs.

From top to bottom, my favourite shimmery neutral and warm toned shades are Verve, Chopper, Half Baked & Snake Bite; Check out that pigmentation.


 Moving higher up the face we have the brows, sounds daunting right? Well with Rimmel Brow this Way, it is easy to darken and bolden your brows without making them look too over done. The wand applicator is perfect for adding some colour to your brows without going all out. Taking the same highlighter, I add a small amount on my brow bone which proves very effected and ties it all together. After curling your luxurious lashes with some curlers (this is optional of course) I like to choose a mascara that is going to give me the length and volume I want. I use the L'oreal Million Lashes because the size and type of wand performs well on your lashes; I love this budget mascara.


My all time favourite day time lipstick is Rimmel Colour Sensational 630 which is Velvet Beige. I love the creamy consistency and it is a slightly rose take on a dark nude. 


All of the products combined in addition to a setting spray will give you the long lasting day time look you want when on the go, wherever and whenever.

I'd love to know if you use any of these products or any 'make-up must haves' you use on a daily basis. Leave your comments below and let me know!





















4 comments:

  1. This was a really refreshing post as I've read so many make-up must have posts for nights out and day time, however yours is a sort of "around the house" and daily must haves post and I love it because I use some of the same products! I'll definitely be popping back to your blog every now and again!

    Whitney xo
    www.labeautyaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you lovely, it really means a lot! Let me know of any tutorials or posts you'd like to see next xo

      Delete
  2. Real techniques are definitely the best for the basis of a brush set! Love! X

    Vintage Spring ootd featuring H&M over on -
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, great quality and great prices! xo

      Delete