Monday 21 December 2015

Christmas SFX: Cindy Lou Who


May I introduce to you, the first post to my SFX page!

So I worked on creating some Christmassy looks this month because, you know, 'tis the season' en all. I wanted to create some pretty, not covered in blood looks that people would recognise straight away, whether it be by the hair, the make-up, a certain feature or a certain mark. Make-up is amazing in the sense that you can create anything the brush allows you to, with SFX especially, there are no mistakes...it's art.

Here I am as Cindy Lou Who... 


If you do not know who Cindy Lou Who is then we can't be friends, you are not a true Christmas lover! I am joking, Cindy Lou Who is the rather strange looking young girl in 'The Grinch' 

To create this I used:
1. Body Shop Bright Pink Rosey Blush
2. Krylon Cinewax
3. Loreal Million Lashes Mascara
4. Asda Red Bow (This is a tree decoration)
5. Make-up Revolution Highlighter 
6. Rimmel BB Cream
7. A Plastic Cup

Now of course I am not going to go through the whole step by step process because I am only introducing ya'll to this, I am not going to throw a load of make-up tutorials at ya and be like 'DO THIS' No no no no.


I think the hair and giant bow kinda gives this look away, well that's if you know the character of course. This was a look that took around half an hour to 45 minutes because I wasn't expecting a skilful piece, I just wanted to introduce my first Christmas themed look to see the reactions of my friends on social media..turns out it was rather popular.

Oh yeah, everything I do is all self-taught, the make-up, the SFX, the photography work, everything. So I didn't pay for lessons, I didn't invest in some professional beauty school, I just sat down, knew this was my number one hobby in life and went for it. 

You can do anything if you set your heart to it.

LoveJade
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment