Saturday 19 December 2015

Simple Make-Up Brush Cleaning



Make-up brush cleaning? Really? To most of us, cleaning your brushes can be such a chore and depending on how many brushes you use, it can take a while. So I decided to share with you guys the way in which I clean my brushes weekly.


My go to cleansing product for brush cleaning is baby shampoo! Don't be so baffled now, I heard this tip a while back and I thought I would give it a go. To my surprise, this left my brushes feeling super soft and smelling amazing. There are some high end brands out there selling brush cleaners at prices as much as £12. Baby Shampoo at your local supermarket costs as little as £1.

When I first started using brushes to apply my make-up, cleaning them didn't cross my mind but as I have become more experienced, I have known that cleaning your make-up brushes is so important for your personal hygiene. If you suffer with breakouts or acne then cleaning your brushes should be a regular thing, same to those who wear make-up often. 

There are no excuses when it comes to cleaning your brushes, you have to do it weekly to get rid of  bacteria and all the nasties that can spread from your brush to your face. Here is the simple routine I follow when that time of the week comes around:

1. Place a towel onto a tray or flat surface to place your brushes when drying.
2. Fill a bowl with hot water and add some baby shampoo until you can see lots of bubbles.
3. Put all your brushes into the bowl to soak whilst you cleanse each individual one.
4. Take your first brush and squirt a pea sized amount of the shampoo onto the fibres.
5. Under running warm water, rub the brush in repetitive strokes until the water runs clear.
6. Once you have done this for all your brushes, leave to dry over night.

Using this method has not only saved me money, but has also saved my skin from the dirt and bacteria that builds up from left over product.


There is no better feeling then knowing your brushes are fresh and clean for the next time you use them. I hope this has been helpful to you and would love to know if you have any other simple routines that would be handy to know.

LoveJade
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment