Sunday 13 March 2016

Naked palettes worth the price tag?

Before a new week begins, I thought I would throw another post out there whilst I had it in mind.

When it comes to buying high end make-up that comes with quite the hefty price tag, I like to read up on a handful of reviews to make sure I wouldn't be throwing money down the drain when pressing 'checkout'. It is so tempting to fall for beautiful packaging and popularity, but until you have the product on your face, you'll never actually know if it's your trusty best friend or your new worst enemy that you regret picking up.

Urban Decay is a well known brand with one of it's most popular range being the 'Naked' line. The Naked palettes are probably owned by 98% of beauty bloggers (not actual statistics) and are talked about everywhere, from YouTube to TV.

In today's post, I am going to be letting you guys know my opinion on the Naked palettes I currently own and if they are worth the price tag that comes with them.


I own the first edition Naked palette, Naked 2 and Naked 'smoky'.

I brought the Naked smoky palette first, round Christmas time (I said the 'C' word) because I thought it was the perfect time to get my hands on some sparkle and shimmer. The price of each Naked palette is £38.50 yet I paid £34.00 thanks to the Debenhams sale.

I then went ahead and brought the Naked 2 palette a couple of weeks later because I am always wearing natural and warm colours to compliment my blue eyes. I got this one for £34.00 from FeelUnique when they had a beauty sale. (I'm all about these bargains if you couldn't already tell)

Surprisingly I brought the first Naked palette last because I was just so in love from then onwards. I got this from FeelUnique for £34 or just under...either way, I have never paid the full price for a Naked palette thanks to the amazing sales.

Let's get onto some swatches!


Naked 1 has a range of tones and shades. Shimmer, Matte, Satin you name it, you really do get variety. This palette is perfect for a beginners kit because I feel like these are every ones 'go to' shades or most used to say the least. I absolutely adore glitter and sparkle so the shimmery shadows are always going to win me over. With a range of colours, from cream to black and everything in between, this is perfect for every ones starter kit.


Moving onto Naked 2. We have some very similar colours but don't be fooled, we have some lighter tones here people. This palette definitely will be used more in the summer because it has some amazing shades that make incredible highlighters and the gold shimmery tones are perfect. I am really not surprised that this one from the whole collection is the most popular because it is absolutely incredible. Again, this could be the perfect shadow starter palette but because of the more shimmery shades, maybe keep this one aside for summer.


Finally, the Naked smoky palette. Again, embrace your inner glitter ball fan girl because this definitely is perfect for those evenings out. Although we still have the golds, we have some shimmery slivers and greys which are perfect for a typical smoky eye...hence the name of the palette of course. I used this a lot round Christmas time but as we start to see the sun appear a lot more, I haven't been reaching for it as often as the others.

As you can see from all the swatches, the pigmentation of the Naked palettes are incredible and that's to be expected when you know the price tag. I loved swatching these palettes because I knew I would see the exact product on my arm, as I did in the palette itself.

So, Are Naked palettes worth the price tag?

YES! YES! YES! They most definitely are and I do not regret purchasing these at all because they have perfect pigmentation and I use at least one of them every time I do my make-up.

What do you think about the Naked palettes?

P.S Wondering why I don't have Naked 3? The Naked 3 palette consists of a lot of pink and rose gold shades which I don't see myself using regularly enough to splash out on the palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment