Friday 12 February 2016

Nude & Neutral

Morning, today I am feeling super productive, maybe because it's that energetic 'Friday Feeling' but as I was planning, I am back with another post. I have a make-up look for you today and although I have spoken about make-up on my blog before I haven't showcased it as a look on myself so I want to share with you this neautral, nude look that would be perfect for a night out or a day time date.

That's me! So before anything, I want to talk about the matte liquid lipstick that I am wearing. It is beautiful to say the least, the formula is creamy to apply and then dries matte. I believe this is in the shade 'Tranquility' by MUA. They were a bargain buy and I have fallen in love with them because they give my lips a fuller, 3 dimensional look and I plan to do a swatch and review post very soon; they're so dreamy! 
Here's the link if you want to check them out: http://www.muastore.co.uk/mua-lacquer-bundle

I absolutley love this look because you can dress it up or you can dress it down depending on where you are going. Let's get one thing straight though, am I the only one who struggles massivley to apply false lashes, I mean, forget these 'hacks' I really need to find a way to apply them with just a click of my finger because we have a love hate kinda relationship right now, anyone with me?

 Let's talk products; I am going to make the list in order of application:

- Nivea Skin Hydration Primer
- Body Shop Eyebrow Kit (Dark)
- Rimmel Brow this Way (Dark Brown)
- Morphe 35W Palette
- Prima Lashes #118
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara (Black)
- Make-up Revolution Highlighter (Golden Lights)
- Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation (Ivory)
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Medium, Fair)
- Rimmel Wake me Up Concealer (Ivory)
- Nyx Contour and Highlight Palette
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Peach Glow)
- Benefit Hoola
- Rimmel Long Lasting lip liner (Spice)
- MUA Liquid Lipstick (Tranquility)

I have a couple of techniques that I like to use to achieve that sharp winged looked, whether it is a straight wing shape or curved.

1. Place some masking tape, plaster or any type of sticky shield on the outer corner of the eye. The length and width of the wing depends on what angle you place the shield. Remove once eye products are applied.

2. Apply your eyeshadow like normal, extending it at the end. Although this looks messy, you can take a cotton bud and face toner, water etc to remove unwanted shadow. By moving the cotton bud in a diagnonal straight line, you can get the same desired look.

So there you have it, one of many 'Nude' looks that I loved creating. Do you have any new techniques or make-up hacks that will help me out? Let me know.

HAPPY FRIDAY!



2 comments:

  1. You're so pretty it makes me want to cry! Such a good look though! x

    Whitney | Beauty Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment just made my absolute day, you're so cute, thanks lovely! xoxo

      Delete