Saturday 13 February 2016

30 Second, Let Loose Hairstyles

Do you ever have one of those days when your hair is feeling a lil bit shabby and you want to make it look like you've spent some time on it when actually it was no worry at all? Well then you just so happen to be at the right place at the right time. I am one of many people who perfect the make-up and then just shove my hair in a bun which doesn't look great at all so learning new ways to add a little 'oompth' shall we say to your locks really does make a whole lot of difference.

Whether you have a lunch date or a school day to get through, I have come up with some ways to put a little something exciting in your hair without having to manage your time around endless pinning and styling.

1. Half up, Half down 



I love a half up and half down look. Using dry shampoo with this look is so beneficial because it gives you lots of grip and volume to work with. I took two sections from the sides and combed back the middle. I then grabbed a small regular hair tie and tied it up, pulling either side to create a messy ponytail. To take it to the next level, I used my white bow hair band to tie around the ponytail again, I thought this looked kinda cute and I knew my hair wasn't going to move throughout the busy day.

2. Single Side Braid


I don't know about you but I really think braids are making a come back no matter what age you are. For this look I parted my hair in the middle using a tail come and took a small part of hair at the front of one half; the amount of hair depends on how chunky you want the plait to be. I then tightly braided 3/4 of the way down and tied it with a regular tie. This is so simple but adds a little something to your straight hair.

3. Indie Style Plaits


I love this look because it takes the most annoying part of my hair away from my face so I don't end up having to rugby tackle my hair into a bun. Similar to the last; I parted my hair in the middle and took two parts symmetrical to each other on each side. I then plaited both sides (these were a little smaller) and clipped them back in the middle of the back of my head where they both met. If you have baby hairs then say hello to your little friends who make an appearance every time you pull your hair back.

4. Apply & Amplify


Second day hair can be unneeded hassle and we do not need that when we are running on a tight schedule. The only exception with this look is that I had curled my hair the day before and this was the result after sleeping on it all night. I simply took my Tresemme Keratin Smooth Waves Styling Mousse and scrunched it in the bottom of the curls. For those curls that really didn't want to keep their shape, I wrapped them round my finger as if it was a curling wand. To finish I added some Got2be hairspray (which is one of my favourite scents, weird huh?).

When I was back in school I never had time to do my hair so if you're like me and do want to look at least half decent, then I hope this does help you out during those desperate times.

I hope you're having a lovely weekend. Got any styling tips for me? Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I know this post was about hair, but I just had to comment that your eyeshadow is giving me such life right now! Stunning!x

    www.lauralivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much! I really didn't want to take my make-up off that day haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete