Wednesday 17 February 2016

MUA Matte Liquid Lipsticks: Review & Swatches

Afternoon all, I hope you have had an amazing Wednesday; It's the middle of the week meaning half way to Friday, of course that's a good enough reason to have an amazing day!

As promised, today's post is going to be all about my best purchase to date, the MUA Matte Liquid Lipsticks.


I purchased the 'Perfect Matte Lips Bundle' which included 8 colours in addition to a small black bag to store them in. I had never tried out any MUA lipsticks before but I wanted to give them a go seeing as I had wanted to get my hands on some matte lip products for quite some time. Let me tell you now, never have I been so impressed with a drugstore product, I became instantly obssessed and couldn't wait to tell you all about them because I knew you would all love them just as much as I do.


The packaging is absolutley gorgeous, with that soft, matte finish (which kinda makes sense now I think about it). I instantly knew that the nude colour was going to be the first one I wanted to try out, I love nude, don't you? Let's love nude together!

The first thing I do when I get new products, is give the actual product a good old sniff. You know when you get a really beautiful lipstick or lipgloss and it smells like the factory it came from? Maybe it's just me, in that case I do not come across as a normal human being...moving swiftly on. Well these had a sweet, candy type smell about them and that was my first 10/10 given to these amazing sticks of heavenly colour.


MUA is sold in Superdrug stores but I purchased the bundle from the original website so if you're interested in getting your hands on these bad boys then click this link http://www.muastore.co.uk/mua-lacquer-bundle trust me, I am doing you a favour!

At £20 for the lot you can't really go wrong. However if there are some colours you know for sure that won't fit into your collection then they are sold individually at £3. 

Let's get onto some swatches to see what the product looks like outside the packaging.


Tranquility is definitley my favourite.

There are so many brands out there who sell matte liquid lipsticks with a much higher price tag such as Jeffree Star, Gerard, Dose of Colors, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Mac...the list is endless. But after trying these liquid lipsticks, I won't be paying anymore for any other liquid lipstick product because these are so amazing and needless to say, outstandingly pigmented.

The application is fairly easy seeing as the wand is small and dense; but even if you do mess up along the way, it's as simple as taking a cotton bud and correcting the mistakes. The consistency is thin but not runny so it's not going to take layers of product to create a lip full of colour. I cannot rate these liquid lipsticks highly enough, they're currently my go to lip products and can be worn day or night to really give the perfect finishing touch to a subtle make-up look.

I recommend any matte lip lover to get a hold of these or even just the shades you see yourself wearing because I can't fault them. Do you like my review? Let me know if you want to see more posts like this more reguarly.

3 comments:

  1. £20?! ... these look gorgeous on you, particularly Reckless and Tranquility! Will defo have to check them out.. xxx

    Christine | www.yveschild.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girl! They are definitley worth every penny, I love them xoxo

      Delete
  2. Faboulous colors!

    DadieB. ~
    dadiebradshaw.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete