Friday 11 December 2015

My Christmas Cleanse Routine


Good morning to my lovely readers, another blog post for you today and I have opted for something a little out of my comfort zone.

Ever since I was going through my early teenage years, I'm talking around 12, I suffered with combination skin. It was a real confidence issue for me and I tried getting rid of spots, blemishes, the lot, in any way that I was able to. I searched remedies on YouTube, quick fixes on Google and even begged my mum to take me to the doctors because it was such a big deal for me. A lot of girls suffer more than others and the majority of those girls lack confidence in themselves all because of these frustrating, ugly marks that appear at the most inconvenient of times. 

As I have gotten older, I have become more experienced in make-up which meant I needed to step up my skincare routine and adapt it to how often I wore make-up. I don't wear layers of foundation, I take it off at the end of the day and I wash my face every day so to be getting spots and scars is kind of upsetting because I know I do what a lot of girls don't do who have clearer skin then me. It's not about impressing other people, it's about being able to be confident and comfortable in your own skin no matter what marks or scars you may have. I guess in relation to this, it angers me when girls or other people in general say 'let your skin breathe' 'don't wear make-up if you don't want spots' or 'you wear too much make-up' because make-up isn't the issue, it may irritate the existing blemishes but it won't worsen the spots unless you don't remove the impurities and cleanse regularly. I could literally not wear make-up for a year and my skin would look the same so when it comes to appearance, those opinions shouldn't be thrown around as often as they are. 

I  think my skin is worse at this time of the year because it is not as hydrated and it's drying out when being in the cold weather which feels pretty nasty. I have recently only just found the beginning of an answer as to why I wasn't like other girls, I wasn't getting monthly periods therefore people at school would accuse me of being pregnant when actually, in my case, it's going to be harder than the average girl. I know I'm not the only one who is going through hormonal imbalance but I just want to say something right now, this doesn't make you different, this doesn't mean you'll be infertile, it just means that things become more valuable and god obviously wanted to challenge such an awesome person. I have gone completely off track...oops!

So to kind of do something a little different and a bit more exciting, I put together a video (I am no YouTuber...yet *Laughs to self*) to show you a snippet of what I may use/do during the colder months and the Christmassy season. Enjoy!


Have a lovely Friday and get ready for the weekend ahead!
LoveJade
xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment